Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Survived


Even though New Year's Day still lies ahead, I count the holidays as pretty much over. I hate to be boring about it, but I'm actually pretty glad. I talked to a family friend yesterday and she said that she was just recovering from her holiday with family. I really think recovery is necessary. Simply opening gifts with a 3-year-old child is work. I feel like every moment leading up to Christmas was a mad rush. Between the Christmas cards, shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, baking treats for the office, putting up the tree, decorating the house and running other every day errands to get groceries and diapers, I am completely worn out.

But I'd do it all again. It was really worth it to spend time with our family. We had good food, generous gifts and wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Annelle said...

You not only survived, but evidently flourished! Just got an email from Kim regarding your new appointment, and wanted to drop you a line letting you know how very proud we all are of you. That is quite the accomplishment, and you should be proud of what you have already accomplished during your career, and with two kids!!
The new Christmas pictures are fabulous, but did we really expect less than perfection with this family? I don't think so!

Again, congratulations on the new appointment!!!!