Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Little Ballerina

Cate has been taking dance now for several weeks. This Saturday was "observation day." It sounds kind of like something they do at a zoo and there's a reason for that. Watching a dozen three-year-olds learn ballet is much like.....well, I'm not sure I can describe it. If anything, it's definitely very high energy.

Stephen was out of town for his grandfather's funeral and our babysitter was sick, so Cate, Keaton and I went to dance together. Keaton was very cooperative and slept the entire time. We'll have to work a bit more on his appreciation of the arts. I realize I'm biased, but I thought Cate was adorable. The class performed at least one organized routine to a song. They also let each girl show several skills. I am not a dancer so I have no idea what all these ballet moves are called. I know they demonstrated "first position." I was so overwhelmed watching all that Cate had learned in such a short time that I forgot to pay attention to the names of the various things she was doing. She was having fun and I was very proud of her for trying so hard. I'm looking forward to several more observation days and the recital in May.

No comments: