Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring is coming!


The weather here in Kansas is finally nice for at least a couple of days! I know spring is on the way, but we've still got a few weeks of unpredictable cold/warm weather to get through before I will officially be happy. Cate is definitely ready to go outside and play. I had grand plans of taking her to the park this Saturday, but that crashed and burned when I saw the weather forecast: 45 for a high, with a light rain and snow mix. Yuck.

On the home front, things are pretty much business as usual. Cate is almost entirely potty trained. I can't believe how easy it went. Either she was just ready to do it or all our preparation paid off. Maybe a combination of both. She is still wearing a pull-up at night but we'll probably try to go without that this weekend. She's had only two or three accidents total, so she's done a great job.

Cate is really into a girly phase right now, which involves wearing dresses and fixing hair. She wants to wear the same two or three dresses to day care every day. They probably think she has a very limited wardrobe. Today, she wore a jean skirt that my parents got for her. It has a cute sweater, but it was little to warm for today so we paired it with a pink shirt. She was pretty excited since she says pink is her favorite color. She also wanted to wear her Elmo barette. She wanted to take her picture and I think she would have posed all morning if I had let her.

We spent a large part of last weekend at home. Cate discovered an Easter bunny that my parents got her in the past and she had a great time playing with it. It plays music and moves. I also got a picture of her sucking her thumb (which she doesn't do a whole lot anymore) and holding on to Bear. This bear is her favorite and I'm not sure what we'll do if something ever happens to it.

At work, both Stephen and I are very busy. Stephen has some travel coming up for work, so we're planning for that. I'm starting to get into "prepare for maternity leave" mode. I'm trying to be as productive as possible so that I won't have to worry about work when I am on maternity leave this summer. With only 2 1/2 months until the baby arrives, I am trying to get things in order sooner rather than later.

No comments: