Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recent Conversations

Some time last week....in the car on the way to school....

Cate: Why are we stopped?

Mommy: Because there's a stop sign and we have to stop and look both ways.

Cate: Oh sorry. My bad.

Seriously -- where did she learn "my bad"? And isn't she just four years old?


Getting ready this morning...
Cate: Mommy, can we go on vacation again some time?

Mommy: Of course.

Cate: When we go to the big water slide, I will be first in line. You can stand behind me, Keaton can stand behind you and Daddy will be last. But you can't go if there's any fighting or punching or hitting.

Mommy: Okay. I've got it.

Cate: That's just the way my rules make.


This morning....

Mommy: Cate, what's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

Cate: Oranges. (Please note that she has never eaten an orange in my presence.)

Mommy: Really?

Cate: And toast. And those jelly things like I had this morning.

No comments: