Monday, November 03, 2008

Keaton's Baptism


Keaton was baptized on Sunday. He was in a great mood most of the day and even made it through church with only a few difficult moments.

The hardest part of the whole gig was finding appropriate attire. I wasn't really sure what to get for him. I asked around and discovered that everybody does something a little different. I decided to go the traditional route and buy a white baptism suit. Thinking that it should be a good fit (not something he needs to grow into since he will only wear it once), I bought the 3-6 month suit on Tuesday evening. I tried it on him Thursday evening only to discover that it wouldn't even button around his neck. On Saturday night, I was frantically searching around Topeka for another outfit. I found a different white suit in 9-12 month size. I was sure it would fit.

That suit was stretched to it's limits! I was barely able to button it around his chest. Fortunately, he only had to wear it for roughly 2 hours. If you look closely at most of his baptism pictures, his tummy is hanging out because the top didn't quite meet the pants. We grow 'em big around the Martino house.

No comments: