Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm so excited!


I am trying to contain my excitment. In just a few short days, we'll be taking Cate to a Sesame Street Live performance at the new Sprint Center in Kansas City! The show is all about Elmo and it's titled, "When Elmo Grows Up."


I've learned that when I get such high expectations for something like it, it doesn't usually come through. So I'm really trying to temper my enthusiasm on this one. But I have scripted out our entire day on Saturday :) I've mostly focused on wearing Cate out here in Topeka in the morning so we can get her down for a good nap before we leave for Kansas City. Nap time has become a real battle for us and she is usually a complete monster by about 6 in the evening if she doesn't get an afternoon nap. Yes, I know, it's hard to imagine someone so cute being so difficult, but I am not exaggerating.

I plan to take the camera along on Saturday, so hopefully I'll snap a few good pictures. We have relatively good seats. I'm hoping it will be easy for Cate to see everything.

Everything else is going well except that we continue to battle the usual round of winter illness. Cate was sick the week before last, I wasn't feeling good the end of last week and Steve stayed home sick from work yesterday. I began the day today with a visit to the friendly dentist to get some cavities worked on -- yuck. Other than that, I think we're doing well. My belly is growing and the baby is kicking around every day. We are starting to work on some baby names too. Work is super busy for both of us now because the Legislature is back in session until early May. I'm already looking forward to summer!

No comments: